Sunday, August 12, 2007

a shoulder

I don't know about the rest of you, but nursing is killing my shoulders.
My back, it never hurts. It's always my shoulders. I injured the first one over at Stinky City Med Center. The other? Here at Podunk.

I love the administration, and their theory that if we hurt ourselves, we are not using the correct "techniques" to lift or move our patients. Its not the technique. I think it's the repetitive motion. We lift and scoot people all the time. Like people who work on computers get carpal tunnel, we get "nursing shoulder". And I've got it. In both shoulders.

Of course, I aggravate the injury at home, too. I re arranged furniture, and spent time playing with, and wrestling my three nephews this week. So, I go back to work tonight, and feel like my arms are going to fall off.

Actually they feel better this morning, but last night? OUCH.

I hope that, against the odds, we have patients tonight who don't require my poor, abused nursing shoulders.
I highly doubt it.

Is it too late for me to buy stock in Advil?

No comments:

Post a Comment